Thông tin cơ bản
Khóa học Tiếng Anh Giao Tiếp (Level 3)
Thời lượng : 4 tháng
Bài học: 45 bài
Đầu vào: IELTS 5.0
Đầu ra: IELTS 5.5 – 6.0
Thời gian học: 3 buổi/ tuần; 90 phút/ buổi
Học phí: 2 triệu/ tháng
Các chủ đề bài học
Khóa Tiếng Anh Giao Tiếp (Level 3)
Chủ đề 1
Chủ đề 2
Chủ đề 3
Chủ đề 4
Chủ đề 5
Chủ đề 6
MANNERS AND ETIQUETTE
Chủ đề 7
Chủ đề 8
HEALTH AND NATURE
Chủ đề 9
Chủ đề 10
Chủ đề 11
Chủ đề 12
Chủ đề 13
Chủ đề 14
Chủ đề 15
Topic 1: Dress Code
– What purpose do dress codes play in society?
– You have probably seen someone dressed inappropriately for a situation. How did you feel and what did you do?
– Describe an experience where you have felt uncomfortable/
self-conscious because of the way you were dressed.
Points of View: People do judge a book by its cover.
Personalization: I can’t stand it when…
I felt out of place when…
I just can’t believe that…
Discussion Strategies: Expressing negative comments diplomatically
Speeches: New dress code
Topic 2: Video Games
– What are good themes or ideas for video games?
– What features are important in a video game?
– What would be a good idea for an educational video game?
Points of View: Gaming is such a waste of time.
Personalization: I spend too much time…
…is a great way to relax.
…is what makes me feel better.
Discussion Strategies: Paraphrasing
Topic 3: Advertising
– What features of an ad make you really like or dislike it?
– Does it matter what you’re advertising?
– What is the most important feature in an ad?
– Where are the most effective places to put different ads?
Points of View: Advertising is everywhere.
Personalization: I’m not really interested in…
I’m sick of…
I don’t like how…
Discussion Strategies: Making direct and indirect requests
Speeches: Take a stand
Topic 4: International Competitions
– What do you think defines a successful country in terms of international competitions?
– How important is it for a country’s national identity to be good at international competitions?
– What role does competition play in determining how a country is viewed by other countries and by its own people?
Points of View: Testing athletes goes too far.
Personalization: I can’t believe how…
Maybe there needs to be…
We use technology to…
Discussion Strategies: Complaining
Speeches: Interview a famous athlete
Topic 5: Mobile Phones
– How big and how heavy would the phone be?
– What features would you include?
– What makes your most expensive phone special?
– How many of each model would you make?
– What type of user would buy each model?
Points of View: I can’t live without my mobile phone.
Personalization: I enjoy the fact that…
My phone is how I…
I think it’s so rude when…
Discussion Strategies: Showing that you are listening
Speeches: Here’s what I’d say
Manners and Etiquette
Topic 6: Manners and Etiquette
– What are some things that people do that you consider rude?
– What would you say to someone who is doing something rude?
– When is it better to just ignore someone who is being rude?
Points of View: I’m worried I’ll offend people.
Personalization: I’m really nervous about…
I’d feel terrible if…
I don’t want to come across as…
Discussion Strategies: Making requests
Speeches: A lesson
Topic 7: Volunteering
– What types of civic duties would you like to perform?
– Which charities do people contribute to in your community?
– What are some of the benefits of volunteering?
– Why don’t more people volunteer?
Points of View: I’ve got more important things to do.
Personalization: I don’t have time to…
I would really like to help…
It might be a good idea to…
Discussion Strategies: Offering to help
Speeches: Ask for support
Health and Nature
Topic 8: Health and Nature
– What do you do to stay fit and healthy?
– What are some unhealthy activities you try to avoid?
– What do you do to relax and have fun?
– What could you do better?
Points of View: Natural products aren’t worth the extra cost.
Personalization: I get great satisfaction in knowing…
I can’t stand the way…
Discussion Strategies: Interrupting
Speeches: Staying healthy
Topic 9: Extreme Sports
– What are some good and bad things that happen in extreme sports?
– How do people react when they are successful and how does that make other people, especially other competitors, feel?
– How do you think a person would deal with being seriously hurt while doing an extreme sport? What could you do to help that person?
Points of View: Extreme sports are too dangerous.
Personalization: There’s nothing like…
I’d rather be…than just about anything else.
Discussion Strategies: Asking not to be interrupted
Speeches: My own extreme sport
Topic 10: Free Education
– How can we have truly free education?
– What are the hard decisions individuals, institutions, and governments have to make about education?
– Is there really one ideal system?
Points of View: What are the strings?
Personalization: I heard that…
What I want to see…
I hope that…
Discussion Strategies: Conceding but disagreeing
Topic 11: Multiple Intelligences
– What is intelligence?
– How do you identify intelligence in yourself and others?
– How have your views about who should be considered “intelligent” changed?
Points of View: Schools should value multiple intelligences.
Personalization: I am struggling with…
I am good at…
I may as well make the best of…
Discussion Strategies: Strongly disagreeing
Speeches: You are the teacher
Topic 12: Gender Roles
– Do you think some people have or have not been hired just because of their gender?
– Do you think that there are fewer opportunities at school or in the workplace because of gender?
– Are there times when it’s a clear advantage to be a man/woman? Give examples.
– Do you remember situations in which you felt gender was an issue? Give examples.
– Were you ever discouraged from doing something because of your gender?
– What would you say are the most common gender stereotypes?
Points of View: Men and women are not equal.
Personalization: If I were… , I wouldn’t…
The fact is, men and women…
I think if…
Discussion Strategies: Support your opinions
Speeches: Interview on unfair treatment
Topic 13: Dating
– Should people date?
– How do/did you date?
– What type of person is the ideal date?
– What is the right age to start dating?
– What is acceptable behavior on a first date?
– Who pays for the first dates?
– Will online/speed dating become the standard form of dating?
– Is it okay to show affection in public?
Points of View: Online dating is not real.
Personalization: I’m not really fond of…
…is not my idea of a good time.
I hate to admit it, but…
Discussion Strategies: Saying no nicely
Speeches: Talk show
Topic 14: Parenting
– What challenges do parents face?
– How do the challenges change as children get older?
– If you were going to give someone advice about being a parent, what would you say?
Points of View: Should parents be punished for the actions of their kids?
Personalization: I can’t imagine…
Parents are supposed to teach their children…
I’m clueless about
Discussion Strategies: Giving advice
Speeches: Story telling
Topic 15: Natural Disasters
– Is there anywhere on Earth that is safe from a natural disaster?
– How much do you think we should worry about natural disasters?
– Do you know if there is an emergency plan where you live? How can you find out?
Points of View: Why rebuild there?
Personalization: You can’t possibly plan for…
It just seems wrong to…
If I knew… I wouldn’t…
Discussion Strategies: Giving bad news
Speeches: Weather report